How to join the Huntington Community First Aid Squad:
**Please note that "American Red Cross" certifications are not recognized by HCFAS.
- Apply for membership using the link above labeled "Click Here to Apply!". You will be prompted to log in with a valid email address and fill out the Google Form in its entirety (including listing four references with valid email addresses/phone numbers). If you do not have a Google account, please create a free one for the purpose of this application.
- If you do not have an AHA BLS CPR certification, you may apply, but your acceptance is contingent on your successful completion of a CPR course offered through HCFAS. Note: American Red Cross CPR certifications are not recognized by HCFAS. If you do not indicate you hold a valid CPR card, we will send you an email on how to register for a course. Any questions related to CPR certification should be directed to email@example.com.
- You will be invited via phone call to an in-personal interview if selected to continue with the applicant process. You will be asked why you want to join the Squad, and be given additional information about HCFAS policies and procedures. You will be asked to sign a Disclosure Form allowing us to do a Background Check. You will also take a Squad-paid medical exam which will include a drug test.
- When all forms have been received, your virtual file will be brought before a Board of Directors meeting to review your application, references, background check, medical exam, and the recommendation of the members attending your personal interview. The Board will make a decision, and you will be notified promptly.
- Once approved by the Board of Directors, you will receive a membership number.
- You will attend Dispatch Training classes for two weeks, then dispatch train on your shift until you pass a dispatch exam and attend Ambulance Orientation prior to riding an ambulance.
- You have 18 months to enroll in a NYS Emergency Medical Technician course and 3 years to achieve EMT certification. New members serve a 1 year probationary period.
- If you have any questions about the process or you are already an EMT, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions regarding the site should be directed to email@example.com**Note to Applicants: Please do NOT "Fill out the recruitment form" below; this is an older-version that cannot be removed from the site. Instead, please use the form linked above labeled: "Click Here to Apply!".
November of 2020: 423
Last year for November: 464
Year to date: 4965
Last Year YTD: 5517
News & Events